SECOND SATURDAY: Nov 10 – “Seriously, we need to meet…”
A SPECIAL EVENT FOR THE CT GROUPS MEMBERS
The Economy & Employment
· Surveys indicate over the last 3 years companies expressed their concern about
maintaining their productivity as employees are “burned out” (@38%)
· Surveys indicate employees (@40%) are looking to change employers once the
· Some companies have built large cash stores waiting for better conditions to start spending
· We are, as believed, starting to see an upturn in hiring
· The Election may play a pivot point
· Do you know for a fact that you are well positioned and ready to leverage an upturn?
What I Am Seeing and Hearing
1. Recruiters continue to indicate 95-99% of applicant resumes are unqualified or junk
2. Nearly every resume sent to me in the past 3 months needed help to be effective
3. For the past 2 months we have discussed Resumes in Second Saturday while I know those
who have problems elected not to get help
I am deeply concerned that many assume their resume meet the standards demanded today because they have not attended any Group meeting that discusses Resume construction.
As a general rule if you have not had an interview in the past 3 to 4 months you may have a resume problem that is causing you to be rejected. Everyone "must bring on your ‘A’ game” today and your resume is a critical part of that game.
Join me and we will walk through the resume and share some that have problems. Personal information has been changed on the resumes I have to show. Three hours may be the best investment of your time to get you back to work.
Time, Place, Maps and Directions to the Room
Second Saturday – November 10, 2012
9:00 AM (sharp) to Noon (at least), Room 230
Hope Church - 8500 Walnut Grove, Cordova, TN
DIRECTIONS TO THE ROOM:
· Use the parking lot in the southwest area of the Church facing Walnut Grove in the vicinity
of Entrance 1
· Enter the Church using the doors on the RIGHT side of Entrance 1
· Upon entry make two quick right turns where you will see stairs to the second floor
· At the top of the stairs, directly across the hallway, is Room 230 where we meet
LinkedIn Event Link
For LinkedIn Members, you can be found in Google if you indicate your attendance for this Event showing you were active learning during your unemployment.