Second Saturday is a program exclusively for members of The CT Groups
Seven Reasons Why Don't Need a LinkedIn Profile or this Meeting
I am already well known ... my Profile with picture is posted in all US Post Offices
For $20 this dude sold me next month's winning Power Ball lottery ticket
I am currently in the US Marshall's Witness Protection Office with a new identity
For only $100 I just won the South Nigerian World Lottery -- $80,000,000!
The State now pays all my expenses: 8 consecutive Life Sentences
My cell phone calls to Aliens have been answered! I'm beaming up April 1, 2016
If someone really wants me for a job let them find me ... they get paid to do that
For the rest of us ... having a quality Resume and LinkedIn Profiles are requirements.
For this session we will focus on:
- Why a quality Resume and a LinkedIn Profile are essential
- Checking out your potential competitors
- Finding potential company networking contacts in seconds
- Common mistakes or lost opportunities seen on Profiles & how to fix them
- Questions as time permits
TIPS FOR THIS SESSION:
- LinkedIn is available for FREE - you do not need to pay anything to LinkedIn to use LinkedIn.
There are optional service levels which carry an annual charge; you can use LinkedIn very effectively without paying one cent. One member has been on LinkedIn since February 2003 and never sent LinkedIn any money for any reason and has been recruited from their Profile
- Review the free information from LinkedIn's Help Center.
You DO NOT have to be a LinkedIn member to use LinkedIn's Help Center.
This is one of the best self service help pages from any company on the Internet:
The sections "Building Your Identity" and "Getting Started" should be reviewed.
Other sections can be reviewed after you get a good basic Profile created.
To be a sprinter you first must know now to run which first requires knowing how to walk.
View the FREE videos on LinkedIn to get started: https://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/530
View the FREE Webinars on LinkedIn to get started:
- If you do not have a Profile, get one started using your Resume as your initial content.
Go to http://linkedin.com Establishing a LinkedIn Account takes less than 10 minutes. You will need to decide what e-mail address and password you want to protect your Profile with. Other information to establish a minimal Profile is information you already know: your name, your profession, what city or area to you live in, etc. This information can be changed at any time later.
You cannot destroy, damage or crash LinkedIn or the Internet. So relax, discover, have fun!
Time, Place, Maps and Directions to the Room
Second Saturday – September 12, 2015
9:00 AM (sharp) to Noon (or potentially later)
Hope Church - Room 224 - 8500 Walnut Grove - Cordova, TN
See DIRECTIONS TO THE ROOM below.
DIRECTIONS TO THE ROOM: · Use the parking lot in the southwest area of the Church facing Walnut Grove in the
vicinity of Entrance 1 (area facing Walnut Grove and near the Power Lines)
· Enter the Church using the doors on the RIGHT side of Entrance 1 (see illustration below)
· Upon entry make two quick RIGHT turns where you will see stairs to the second floor
· At the top of the stairs, turn RIGHT and go through the double doors. Enter the first
door on your RIGHT. Walk down the hallway. Room 224 is the second door on your LEFT.
MAP from Entrance 1
East Doors to Room 224 on 2nd Floor.
Image Credit: Floor Plan - Hope Church and Mike Zurkammer