Sometimes it feels like you couldn't
find a dime walking freely around
the United States Mint.
These are time to pull yourself up
by "your bootstraps" to get moving
as others are getting ahead of you.
Perhaps these can get you going to
a better and more productive place.
1. "I alone cannot change the world,
but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples."
- Mother Teresa
2. "I've learned that people will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel."
- Maya Angelou
3. "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
- Henry Ford
4. "Perfection is not attainable,
but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."
- Vince Lombardi
5. "Life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent of how I react to it."
- Charles Swindoll
6. "If you look at what you have in life, you'll always have more.
If you look at what you don't have in life, you'll never have enough."
- Oprah Winfrey
7. "Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
- Eleanor Roosevelt
8. "I can't change the direction of the wind,
but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination."
- Jimmy Dean
9. "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!"
- Audrey Hepburn
10. "To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart."
- Eleanor Roosevelt
11. "Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears."
- Les Brown
12. "Do or do not. There is no try."
13. "Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve."
- Napoleon Hill
14. "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that
you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail
away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain
15. "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games.
Twenty-six times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed.
I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
- Michael Jordan
16. "Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
- Albert Einstein
17. "I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions."
- Stephen Covey
18. "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane
takes off against the wind, not with it."
- Henry Ford
19. "The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't
- Alice Walker
20. "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity."
- Amelia Earhart
21. "It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light."
- Aristotle Onassis
23. "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."
- Ayn Rand
24. "If you hear a voice within you say, 'You cannot paint,' then by all means
paint and that voice will be silenced."
- Vincent Van Gogh
25. "Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs."
- Farrah Gray
26. "Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful
stroke of luck."
- Dalai Lama
27. "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."
- Albert Einstein
28. "What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to
bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
- Bob Dylan
29. "I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough;
we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do."
- Leonardo da Vinci
30. "When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so
long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for
- Helen Keller
31. "When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the
key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when
I grew up. I wrote down 'happy.' They told me I didn't understand the
assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life."
- John Lennon
32. "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
33. "Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of fear."
- George Addair
34. "We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life
is when men are afraid of the light."
37. "What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality."
38. "Control your own destiny or someone else will."
- Jack Welch, CEO and Chairman, General Electric (1981 - 2001)
39. "What? Me worry?"
- Alfred E. Newman, International Cartoon Character
40. "Know what you're good at and keep improving."
- Bill Marriott, Executive Chairman and Chairman of the Board,
41. "A manager is not a person who can do the work better than his men;
he is a person who can get his men to do the work better than he can."
- Frederick W. Smith, Founder, Chairman and former CEO of FedEx Corp.
42. "Failure is success if we can learn from it."
- Malcom Forbes, son of B.C. Forbes, founder of Forbes magazine
43. "Nearly every moment of every day we have the opportunity to give something
to someone else - our time, our love, our resources. I have always found
more joy in giving when I did not expect anything in return."
- S. Truett Cathy, Founder, Chick-fil-A
44. "I have seen what a laugh can do. It can transform almost unbearable tears
into something bearable, even hopeful."
- Bob Hope, American Comedian, Humanitarian, Honary US Veteran