- "Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as
as much as adversity has."
- "We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels
made for sharing."
- "I am dealing with an all-powerful, all-knowing God, I, as
a mere mortal, must offer my petitions not only with
persistence but also with patience.
Someday I will know why."
- "Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous
conversion - it is a daily process whereby you grow to be
more and more like Christ."
- "Prayer is simply a two-way conversation between you and God."
William Franklin "Billy" Graham
American evangelical Christian Evangelist
(1918 - )
- "Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams.
Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled
potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed
in, but with what it is still possible for you to do."
Pope John XXIII
262nd Pope of the Catholic Church and Sovereign of Vatican City,
1958 - 1963
(1881 - 1963)
- "Looking above and saying to God “Give me strength” is a way of asking for help to overcome
the obstacles and challenges presented before you.
Many people ask of the lord to give them strength, by saying just that “Give me strength!”
Some ask for strength when they feel that they are at a weak point in their life, when they feel
fatigued, and feel as though they are too tired to complete whatever it may be that they desire
in their heart to complete. When someone is asking for strength they are seeking a helping
hand from someone other than themselves alone.
Strength is gained by persevering through tough situations and still being able to overcome
them by never surrendering to them. Victory may not always come with gaining strength, but
as long as one is willing to look his struggles in the face and never back down from them, then
that person will achieve significant gains in gaining strength."