- "Dreams are the necessity to live."
(1903 - 1977)
- "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new
- "Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams."
- "The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams
- "Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing
C. S. Lewis
British novelist, Academic, Literary Critic, and Essayist
(1989 - 1963)
- "It's not about what it is, it's about what it can become."
(Theodor Seuss Geisel, Ph.D), The Lorax
(1904 - 1991)
An American writer, poet and cartoonist best known for the 46
children's picture books written and illustrated as Dr. Seuss. Names
used included Dr. Theophrastus Seuss in college and later Theo
LeSieg and once Rosetta Stone in addition to Dr. Seuss. From his
works 11 television specials, 4 feature films, a Broadway musical
and 4 television series were created. A true profectionist it was not
uncommon for him to discard 95% of his material until he settled on
a theme for a book which could take up to a year to write and only accepted payment upon
completion of the book. His birthday, March 2, has been adopeted as the annual date for
National Read Across America Day, an initiative on reading created by the National Education
- "If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success
- but only if you persist."
An American author and professor of biochemistry at Boston University best known for his works of science fuction and for his popular science books. Having written or edited more then 500 books and an estimated 90,000 letters and postcards he was one of the most prolific writers of all time. He, along with Robert A. Heinlein and Arthur C. Clark, were regarded as the "Big Three" of science fiction writers.
(1920 - 1992)
- "Always desire to learn something useful."
Ancient Greece Playwright
(497 BC - 406 BC)
- "Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream."
Essayist, Novelist, Poet
(1883 - 1931)
- "Really great people make you feel that you, too, can become great."
- "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often."
- "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
- "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear."
- "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living.
The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- "Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the ears, by the
heals, or any other way you can manage it."
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do
than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
(Samuel Langhorne Clemens)
American writer, Humorist
(1835 - 1910)
- "We are made to persist. That's how we find out who we are."
An American author known for his memoirs, This Boy's Life and short stories.
(1945 - )
- "All of us fail to match our dreams to perfection. So I rate us on
the basis of our splendid failure to do the impossible."
- "Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do.
Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or
predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."
- "I believe that man will not merely endure. He will prevail.
He is immortal, not because he along among creatures has
an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit
capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance."
(1897 - 1962)
- "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft
might win, by fearing to attempt."
(Baptized 1564 - Died 1616)