- "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is
more important than any other one thing."
- "Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and in the
end you are sure to succeed."
- "That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others
can achieve it as well."
- "Whatever you are, be a good one."
- "The best way to predict the future is to create it."
16th American President, 1861 - 1865
(1809 - 1861)
- "Energy and persistence conquer all things."
- "Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure.
Continue to reach out."
- "Remember that time is money."
One of the Founding Fathers of the United States of America.
Noted Polymath, author, printer, political theorist, politician,
postmaster, scientist, musician, inventory, satirist, civic activist,
statesman, and diplomat.
(1706 - 1790)
- "Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful
people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is
almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
30th American President, 1923 - 1929
(1872 - 1933)
- "I have spoken of a thousand points of light, all of the community
organizations that are spread like stars throughout the Nation,
doing good. We will work hand in hand, encouraging,
sometimes leading, sometimes being led, rewarding. We will
work on this in the White House, in the Cabinet agencies. I will
go to the people and the programs that are the brighter points
of light, and I will ask every member of my government to
become involved. The old ideas are new again because they are
not old, they are timeless: duty, sacrifice, commitment, and a
patriotism that finds its expression in taking part and pitching
George H. W. Bush
Presidential Inaugural Address, July 20, 1989
31st American President, 1989 - 1992
(1924 - )
- "He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only
human institution that rejects progress is the cemetery."
- "I am an optimist, but an optimist who carries a raincoat."
- "The main essentials of a good prime minister is sleep and a
good sense of history."
Prime Minister of the United Kingdom in the 1960's and 1970's
(1916 - 1995)
- "A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his own
opportunities and an optimist is one who makes
opportunities of his difficulties."
- "America was not built on fear. America was built on courage,
on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do
the job at hand.
- "You can accomplish anything provided you don't mind
who gets credit."
- "I never did give anybody hell.
I just told the truth and they thought it was hell."
Harry S. Truman
33rd American President, 1945 - 1953
(1884 - 1972)
- "If you actions inspire others to dream more, learn more,
do more and become more, you are a leader."
- "Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before
which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air."
John Quincy Adams
6th American President, 1825-1829
Served as an American diplomat, Senator, Congressional
Viewed as one of the greatest diplomats and secretaries of state
in American history.
(1767 - 1848)
- "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to
- "Believe you can and you are half way there."
- "We must dare to be great; and we must realize that
greatness is the fruit of toil and sacrifice and high
26th American President, 1901 - 1909
(1858 - 1919)
- "Determine never to be idle. No person shall have occasion to
complain of the want of time who never looses any. It is
wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing."
- "Do you want to know who you are? Do not ask. Act!
Action will delinate and define you."
- "I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the
more I have of it."
- "The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
3rd American President, 1801 - 1809
Principal Author of the Declaration of Independence
(1743 - 1826)
- "Success is never about doing something, but believing in
something. In a world like today, values are important.
- "To succeed, there must be opimism and possibility about it.
You can never succeed if you're too afraid to fail.
You must have the sprit of adventure as you approach life.
It is a challenge, but never too hard!"
Prime Minster of the United Kingdom, 1997 - 2007
Member of Parliament, 1983 - 2007
Leader of the Labour Party, 1994 - 2007
(1953 - )
- "The hardest work in the world is being out of work."
- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to
continue that counts."
- "A man does what he must - in spite of personal
consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and
pressures - and that is the basis of all human mortality."
- "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference."
- "Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key
to unlocking our potential."
- "Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities...
because it is the quality that guarantees all others."
- "I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use in being anything else."
- "Don't make the poor richer by making the rich poorer."
- "I never worry about action, but only inaction."
- "It is no use saying 'We're doing our best.'
You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary."
- "Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."
- "Never, never, never give up."
Sir Winston Leonard-Spencer Churchill, KG, CM, OH, TC, PC, DL, FRS, Honorary RA
Prime Minster of Great Britain (1940-1945, 1951-1955)
President of the Board of Trade, Home Secretary, First Lord of the Admiralty, Minister of Munitions,
Secretary of State for War, Secretary of State for Air, Chancellor of the Exchequer
Overcame a publicity acknowledge speech impediment after great personal effort
Officer in the British Army, Historian, Writer and Artist
1953 Nobel Prize for Literature
First person to be made an Honorary Citizen of the United States
Honorary Degrees from University of Rochester [LLD], Harvard University [LLD], McGill University
[LLD] (Montreal), Westminster College (Fulton, MO), Leiden University [Ph.D.] (Leiden, Netherlands),
University of Miami, University of Copenhagen [Ph.D.] (Denmark)
(1874 - 1965)