Here are suggestions from The CT Groups members on places to volunteer:
- an excellent networking opportunity as you meet people from many organizations
- a mental diversion from job search stress with benefits of some physical activity
- something where companies see the need for employment involvement as part of the corporate image
- a legitimate way to spend part of your unemployment time engaged in
- a way to "give back" to the community while potentially showcasing skills and expertise to the community
Do you have special skills that can help those in career transition? If so, contact one of our group Moderators about offering your services and we will consider your offer. Meetings between members and volunteers are to be held in public places and at a location and time mutually agreeable to both parties for the benefit of each other.